Thursday, October 26, 2017

NOT FOR MEN ONLY

Capital Barber Shop

I've worn short hair most of my adult life and have always gone to women's styling salons where I've paid upwards of $40-$50 to get my short hair trimmed. That was until my path crossed a year or so ago with a former 6th grade student who was now cutting hair at Capital Barber Shop. Nici became my go-to "barber" for nearly a year until she left this fall to return to school and other pursuits.


So yesterday I had an appointment with the head honcho himself, KC Pratt. 
Here he is cutting the hair of the customer before me.


An interesting fact I learned on my first visit is that the barber chairs in which the customer sits traditionally face outward, away from the mirror as is common in women's salons. The idea is that the customer can see and talk to friends as they enter making the barber shop a hub of conversation and conviviality. 

Below, Richie concentrates while working on this dapper gent.


And Olivia awaits her first customer of the day.




2 comments:

  1. Since I had my head shaved, I haven't been to a hair stylist or barber. I shave every other day and keep the beard trim too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about doing that, but it might be a bit severe for me. It's a good look on you, however!

      Delete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.