Sunday, April 1, 2018

CDP THEME DAY, APRIL 1: ONE COLOR

Monochrome: A Picture in Different Shades of One Color

The first of the month is always "Theme Day" with City Daily Photo bloggers, and despite my misreading the website and being prepared with photos for "Laugh," which is next month's theme, I scrambled in my garden and found these monochromatic examples. Follow this link to see more one color photos by other CDP bloggers: http://cdpbthemeday.blogspot.com.au/

Except for the first photo below which is from the Chihuly Museum in St. Petersburg, Florida, which I visited last month, all of the other photos are from my back yard.

Blue Neon Tumbleweed, 2009

You know it's spring when the forsythia is in bloom

Flowering quince is one of my springtime favorites

Variegated leaf lettuce in my salad garden

Bibb lettuce, also in my salad garden

Fall and winter detritus is definitely shades of brown

A Star Magnolia is also an early bloomer and very welcome in the spring

A bit of the hair of the dog (literally) as my rat terrier Zoey sheds her winter coat.

9 comments:

  1. Dazzling and mostly vibrant, aside from the seasonal detritus! Good takes, Susan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful photos and all great choices for this month's theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I particularly like both the top and the bottom photo. The others are striking, too, but the ones mentioned struck me immediately. Your blue theme reminds me of the weather report discussing our freeway traffic, with twists and turns. The bottom looks very much like a mane of beautiful human hair. Am I close or way off on that one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently the captions did not show? The first is a Chihuly sculpture and the last is a bit of my dog Zoey's hair that I brushed out of her. Good call on both since you didn't know. I hope you are getting back into the swing of being home. It's always bittersweet to come home after a vacation. Happy to be home but missing the novelty of being somewhere else. At least that's how I always feel.

      Delete
  4. I love the variety of nature's colors you have presented here. They are all beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots all! Love the greens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great choices for the theme! love the forsythia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great set of photos in the one color theme. I love that first one! Gorgeous blues.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great shots for theme day.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.