Friday, December 15, 2017

TODAY'S GOODWILL TREASURE

Thrift Store Shopping 101

The first tenet of thrift store shopping is that you can't go looking for something specific
 because more than likely you won't find it. 
Rather, you shop with a keen eye and an open mind and see what presents itself.

Like these red topped, ostrich skin cowboy boots. 
Of course, the red caught my eye, but then upon closer inspection 
I could see they weren't my size, 
so I didn't have the to-buy-or-not-to-buy dilemma. 

Instead, I took pictures.



3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I would have loved these! In the past I have had fantasies of being a cowgirl, especially when we were going regularly to Santa Fe. I found a very good pair of red boots in a thrift shop while browsing in the Guadalupe area, which I wear often--not exactly Goodwill, my favourite thrift shop, but the boots fit and I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely story. I used to have and wear cowboy boots as my husband (long since Ex) fancied himself as a cowboy and I followed suit. Red boots still catch my eye.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.