Monday, April 3, 2017

INSPIRED BY GEORGIA O'KEEFE

Artistic Interpretations of a Star Magnolia Flower

I have loved the art of Georgia O'Keefe since my Art History classes 
at the University of Washington in the early 70s, 
especially the close ups of her sensuous flower blossoms. 

Today, with the help of my iPhone camera and the creative app Prisma, 
I have created my own versions of a Star Magnolia blossom. 
Now I just have to learn to paint like Ms. O'Keefe.

Original color photo

Variation #1

Variation #2

Variation #3










4 comments:

  1. You couldn't have picked a better flower to use for your artistic endeavours Susan, they are incroyably soft and sensuous.
    P.s. even though I know driving is statistically more dangerous I would happily drive three hours there and back to see my grandchildren if it meant I didn't have to get on an aeroplane 😁😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace. Good for you for facing your fears and flying. It certainly has lost its appeal to me over the years, but is required if you want to go places in a timely manner. Enjoy your visit.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.