Thursday, September 21, 2017

OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE

Calls To Kill TrumpCare (Again)

Normally, talking on the phone is not my thing. And I had enough of cold calling to last forever in my brief time in sales in the late 70s. 
Add politics to the mix, and I have an even greater aversion. 

But these are not normal times. And so, as a member of Indivisible Walla Walla, I nervously agreed to participate in today's phone bank calling peers in other states to encourage them to call their senators asking them to vote NO on the Graham-Cassidy Health Care Bill.

Using the website https://www.trumpcareten.org/ and hubdialer, the team made calls to registered voters in Alaska, Arizona and Colorado. 


Despite a few hang ups and one "F-you," most of the voters I spoke with were friendly, and many had already contacted their senator. But the funny thing is, the more calls I made, the easier it became. That said, I don't see working in a call center anytime soon.




4 comments:

  1. I have never worked in a call center. I don't think I'd want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is as close as I care to get. At least I am passionate about what I am calling about.

      Delete
  2. I envy people who do what you and the others are doing.
    Standing up for what you believe in politics etc. are important!
    Wish you luck and a good result!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gunn. I've always been of a strong opinion, but not always acted on it, at least publicly. I'm a small player, still, but doing what feels comfortable to me and spreading the word via my photos.

      Delete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.