Wednesday, February 28, 2018

CITY DAILY PHOTO THEME DAY-MARCH 1: PLAY

Record Players and Long Play Albums

I've been traveling since our last CDP theme day, and have yet to return to Walla Walla. So this first-of-the-month post finds me "out of jurisdiction," a description I've seen other bloggers use. And while one could rightfully say I've been playing for the last four weeks as I cruised through the Caribbean, I admit I have nary a photo depicting the act of play.

But while visiting my sister in New Port Richey, FL, after the cruise, I saw this antique Victrola record player at a thrift store and had a timely "Ah-ha" moment. And thus my interpretation of this month's theme.  


"His Master's Voice" logo with Nipper.
Then today, on a day trip to the Sponge Docks in Tarpon Springs, I spotted this bicycle decked out with a record player on the back and vinyl record albums and CDs woven within the spokes of the wheels.






To see what other CDP bloggers around the world have posted, follow this link:  http://cdpbthemeday.blogspot.com.au/

13 comments:

  1. I swear my parents had a Victrola similar to this one! And, that bicycle is an amazing find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Besides the LP bike, there were several others decorated in different themes positioned throughout the town. They were fun to photograph.

      Delete
  2. What a great choice for this topic!! I've been to Tarpon Springs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, every time I visit my sister in nearby New Port Richey, we go to Tarpon Springs.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was closed when I spotted it and was pleasantly surprised when I opened it.

      Delete
  4. I love the old record player! I've had some good meals in Tarpon Springs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, we had a great seafood dinner at the Rusty Belly and bought yummy desserts at one of the Greek bakeries.

      Delete
  5. Oh, nice reminders. I remember playing my LPs on a record player.
    Seeing records stuck on the bike makes me sort of cringe, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure they were old and scratched before they were attached to the bike. As for the CDs, they're a dime a dozen. The result is a perfect sitting advertisement in front of their store, Vinyl Vibes.

      Delete
  6. Interesting items. Nice version of the theme.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both finds are remarkable images!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that old bike is fabulouso Susan, too cool for school! I still have a pile of old vinyl records I can't bear to part with, no record player though 😀

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.