Tuesday, May 29, 2018

BLUE MOUNTAIN LAVENDER FARM-ENCORE

A Little Bit of Provence

Three years ago I was motoring through the poppy and lavender fields of southern France. Then last July, I discovered this little piece of Provence right in my backyard. I vowed then to return the following season which I did on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. What a treat for the spirit.

While the lavender fields themselves weren't open for U-Pick quite yet, there was still enough to see and to smell to bring me back. But I wont have to wait long, as the fields should be ready for picking by June 1.



In addition to U-Pick lavender, the farm also sells a variety of lavender plants to bring a bit of fragrant Provence to your own home garden.


While the lavender plants grow best in full sun, there are plenty of shady areas like this for visitors to relax or enjoy a picnic while taking in the view or listening to the owner's eclectic playlist of French and American tunes.



The farm also has a lovely Farm Boutique of lavender related products including fragrant soaps, sachets and bouquets as well as packets of the dried lavender lemonade which is served as a complimentary sample on the shaded patio.



For more information or driving directions, find the farm on Facebook or follow this link:  www.bluemountainlavender.com

1 comment:

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.