Monday, June 1, 2015

CDP THEME DAY--JUNE, 2015


Freeway of Love by Aretha Franklin


We goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
Wind's against our back
We goin' ridin' on the freeway of love
In my pink Cadillac

  
For me, a pink Cadillac convertible reeks retro-style and is so fitting a photo for this Walla Walla girl who grew up in the 50s and 60s in the Motor City, aka Detroit, Michigan, also the home of Aretha Franklin. While not pink, I do remember having a series of Cadillacs in our garage over the years since my father worked for General Motors for 30+ years. Sweet memories!





6 comments:

  1. A Parisian pink Cadillac, that's marvellous!

    You need to fix your RSS feed! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dwight Yoakam, "Guitars, Cadilacs..." would love it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Now we are talking about cruising <3 // B i r g i t t a
    http://budapestcityphoto.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not my type of car, but I can see it is owned by a person who LOVE the STYLE it has.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.