Sunday, December 13, 2015

KLICKER'S @ CHRISTMAS-Part 2

To Flock or Not to Flock

After choosing the perfect tree (see Part 1 of this series), there's still another choice to be made. At Klicker's, they do their own custom flocking--light, medium, or heavy--depending upon the intensity of the blizzard-look you want in your family room. A hint I learned from the 'flocker-man' is to string the lights on the tree first, and then have it flocked. That way the lights blend in and twinkle like lights seen through a snow storm. 
People seem to have definite feelings about flocking. I think it's a love it or hate it kind of thing. 


Growing up, my family had two trees--a standard issue green Douglas fir in the living room which served as the family tree where Santa would leave the presents, and then a second, white-flocked decorative tree on the stair landing in front of the big multi-paned picture window. This tree served dual purposes--you could see it from the inside as you climbed the stairs and also from the street outside as part of the outdoor house decorations. 

 I like both green and flocked trees and have had both kinds as a adult, but I've never had a purple or a pink flocked Christmas tree which I've only seen in pictures. Kicker's only does white snow flocking.










3 comments:

  1. You made me remember that when I was a kid we put cotton on the tree branches to pretend it was snow. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something we never did to our trees.

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.