Tuesday, January 24, 2017

THE CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE

Live so that when your children think of fairness, caring and integrity, they think of you.
--H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

On Saturday, January 21, 2017, more than 2,400 women, men and children of the Walla Walla Valley participated in a peaceful March 
in solidarity with the Women's March in Washington D.C. and other cites around the nation and the world. 

We all marched in support of the ideal that 
Women's Rights are Human Rights. 

And while I took many photos of the signs and of the adult sign holders, 
it is the faces of the children that struck me most. 





It is for my children's generation 
and the generation of my grandchildren 
that I marched.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction.
We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream.
It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
--Ronald Reagan



8 comments:

  1. Women's rights are human rights- that's a sign I saw in the march here as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very universal message that SHOULD be easy to agree with.

      Delete
  2. Many, many times-- all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy. Glad to have you join the March with me.

      Delete
  3. These are fantastic images! I marched too, in Colorado Springs :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And good for you for marching for women's and human rights.

      Delete
  4. Great and important documentary!

    ReplyDelete

I enjoy reading your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment.